I know a lot of blogs have link love on Friday… so I thought I would do something similar here on HKH, but it will just be whenever I have found enough cute, but totally unrelated random things I would like to show you… it will be everything but the kitchen sink, okay?
- Whisky stones. You know when you go to a super fancy restaurant and they have lemonade with lemonade ice cubes? I love how you don’t end up with a totally watered down drink. I think these cubes would make for a great stocking stuffer for the Mr. in your life. They remind me of those new ice machines that make perfectly square ice cubes–the sharp edges and perfect corners make me happy so I guess that means I really am anal.
- Hot wheels for little ones. Restoration Hardware has some pretty absurd, but yet awesome gifts for little ones. Check out this plane for a little boy.
- Sally Draper is all grown up. I cannot wait for Mad Men to resume, but this photo shoot by way of the Neo-Traditionalist, held me over. I think these pleated ruffles are just divine! But I have to ask… can all this really be good for Kiernan Shipka? If you are in love with Burberry and Chanel at age ten… I know I sound like my Mom, but what do you have to look forward to? Luckily, I think she is insanely talented and will be a lifelong star.
- Save a chair! You’ve heard of Christmas china, which I love by the way. (My friend Tori’s mom has the most divine collection… I’ve asked her to send HKH pics!) But have you heard of Christmas chairs? You just have to check out how my Sister-in-Law Roise’s turned this Christmas chair into the most chic chair you have every seen!
- New friends. I’ve been so lucky to have found a nice group of girlfriends here in Hong Kong, all thanks to my friend Lauren… you know those people that are natural “connectors”, they just welcome you into their circle and you instantly have 6 new BFFS? My friend Tori was like that for me in SF. These hospitable souls will inherit the kingdom of heaven I swear! Lauren posted some pics of us girls at a rooftop party last weekend on her adorable blog Long Gone in Hong Kong.