It seems like I’m now on my way from wedding-land to baby-land, so I asked my dear friend and neighbor Kirsten for some reccomendations for great baby gifts from her toy shop Hocusadabra… I always have a hard time with gifts when the gender is a surprise. Read through to enter our block giveaway!
1. BPA-free bath toys. The most important time to use BPA-free products is at bath and feeding time because chemicals leach when the plastic is warmed. The stackers are great for washing the little one and for playing when they’re a bit bigger. And aren’t the tugboats just super fun? Love the colors.
2. Organic Bamboo Hand Printed Baby Wrap: Babies love to be swaddled up and this is the softest wrap ever. Made from 100% bamboo and printed in the sweetest patterns: sampans and cherry blossoms. Perfect for any Asian-born baby or any baby with loved ones in the Far East. The blue satin edging is swoon-worthy.
3. Pram Rattle: A stroller is way too big and too personal of a purchase for a shower gift (unless you’re going in on it with a bunch of friends), but this pram rattle will work with whatever stroller your friend chooses. And it will make sure she never mistakes her pram for another’s! Plus, it makes sweet, little jingle sounds to entertain your little one.
4. Bunny. It is the year of the rabbit after all.
5. Amazing products for mom and baby. These are great little ‘stocking stuffers.’ A cult item on every woman’s lips in Australia, Lucas’ Papaw ointment is made from pure Australian papaw (papaya). Its benefits are endless, cleaning away nasty infections and keeping baby’s skin as soft as it should be, perfect for the nappy area… doubles as the best balm for mum. And the World’s Best Soap is a delicate baby soap made with eudermic oils and enriched with honey, calendula and almond protein. It’s great for anyone with sensitive skin.
GIVEAWAY: Finally, Hocusadabra is giving away this fine set of Count & Stack blocks to one lucky reader. The blocks have numbers one one side and drawings on others that stack up to create rocket ships and trains. I just love the authenticity of wooden blocks. It’s so nice to have something non-plastic, don’t you think?
To enter, leave a comment with your favorite gift to give or the best gift you’ve ever received at showers… wedding or baby showers are both okay. The gift will be shipped to you wherever in the world you are so anyone is free to enter. A winner will be chosen by random.org on July 15th! Thanks for entering.