- Model Martha. I had no idea that Martha Stewart used to be a model… for Chanel among others. Discovered this surprising factoid on Sensibly Luxe.
- Up. Have you seen the real recreation of the house floating from balloons from ‘Up’? It’s so fun! Spotted on Ten Thousand Places.
- Eva Braun. Crazy, personal, never-before-released photos of Hitler’s mistress (the one who killed herself with him). Surprised to see that Hitler’s love appeared to be quite fun–and even practiced yoga!
- Balsamic on sale. Remeber when I wrote about how all I wanted for Christmas was a barrel of balsamic? Well, it’s now 50% off… along with a lot of Zingerman’s other balsamics now through April 15th.
- Homemade bagels, croissants, goldfish, graham crackers, and granola bars! I had no idea this was even possible, until my kindred spirit Darcy starting chronicling her kitchen adventures (as well as other fun things) on her new blog Garden of Eden. Hong Kong has no good bagels to speak of (even though Press Room imports them daily from New York… it’s still a 17-hour-flight, so how fresh can they really be?) so I think I may try those first!
- Simple chocolate cake video. Today was kind of a depressing day… after a nice day yesterday, we’re back to lots of grey. BUT this cheery recipe video from Elephantine turned my mood right around. I can’t wait to try this simple dessert! Yay for desserts without layers, frosting, or crazy multiple steps. Make sure you turn the volume up for the happy music.
Image from Elephantine.