- Speaking native Korean requires tongue surgery. A 19-year old UK student got a tongue lengthening surgery to make native Korean ‘L’ sounds.
- Traveling for work takes it’s toll. People who travel for business are 92% more likely to be obese. Kimpton Hotels is trying to combat this by offering yoga mats, workout videos and Westin Hotels is even renting guests New Balance running shoes with removable insoles. Love that–running shoes take up 20% of my carry-on!
- Airlines rush to Asian Market. Quantas and Singapore Air are both creating budget lines to serve Asia and India. Not only is our airport no. 1 in the world, but Hong Kong’s airline Cathay is tied with Korean Air for being the largest cargo carrier… calling for demands for a third runway.
- More Chinese kids in US schools. “Graduate schools saw a 21% increase in Chinese applicants from the last school year and a 23% increase in admissions offers, for students slated to start this fall, according to a study by the Council of Graduate Schools.”
- Taxes and the Rich. You must read Warren Buffet’s article ‘Stop Coddling the Rich.’ And then read Michael Arrington just tear him apart.
- Jewish Chinese. They’re descendants of merchants who arrived from Persia in the 11th century. Fascinating stuff.
- Tooth Fairy economics. Apparently $2.6o is the going rate in the States, down 40 cents from 2010. I like the idea of sprinkling silver glitter “fairy dust” with whatever you leave.
- Stitching the Wounds of Sex-Trafficking in a Vietnamese Village. Mrs. Mai in my mind should be up for Sainthood for taking in sex trafficking victims and giving them both a home and a profession. Again… we see the terrible effects of China’s one-child policy: there are not enough women for Chinese men to marry….
- Milk banks. I’m all about giving blood…. and I just had no idea that people gave milk, too. Fascinating that preemies respond better to it than anything else.
- Defending the Party. In this, China’s Communist Party’s 90th year, Eric Li argues compellingly for the party.
- School for Chinese gold diggers. “According to a popular Chinese saying “Marriage is a career. A good marriage is the most successful career for a woman”. So, considering many Chinese women rate a marriage by how rich the husband is, it comes as no surprise that the courses offered by the Beijing Moral Education Center for Women have been pretty popular. Since the school first opened its gates, in August 2010, over 3,000 students, aged between 21 and 36 have attended its courses.“
- Giveaway. Don’t forget to enter HKHousewife’s giveaway to win a boo-boo elephant here!
- Please join us. Leave a comment on our post about what beauty product you can’t live without!
Search this blog
It’s not every day that you want to make a giant pot of creamy pasta goodness… but when throwing a big party it can be perfect! My friend K.C. has the most amazing roofdeck right in the middle of SoHo … Continue reading →
Besides a cool mental trip, aren’t these handcrafted trunks incredible?! I want to have one made for that certain nook and cranny in our place, you know? Discovered on Anthology Mag’s cool blog. Learn more about Williams British here. Share … Continue reading →
I kind of like to think I “attack” my Christmas to-do list and as a result end up with this, my so called “wrapping room.” The presents turn out neatly wrapped, I promise! And then there is the whole Christmas … Continue reading →
Warning: This is not a very happy post!! Skip it if you’re already having a blue day. While we were in Tokyo, although we did love every inch of the city’s excitement and hustle, we also experienced two of it’s … Continue reading →
There are some really exceptional flea markets around Shanghai. They make you feel like they haven’t thrown away a thing in twenty years! We really enjoyed walking around town and seeing everyday life. These gentlemen are making those rattan-type carpets, … Continue reading →
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- marla commented on la cornue1
(5 weeks ago)
- FirstMolly commented on Reader's Query, Shower games: How well does the Bride-to-be know her Groom-to-be?
(13 weeks ago)